Thursday, November 8, 2012

Dr. Seuss Cat in the Hat Baby Boy Frame

I was SO excited when I had a returning Etsy customer order this frame from me. When she told me "Dr. Seuss theme" I instantly had tons of ideas swirling around in my head.

BRIGHT colors.
FUN Cat in the Hat stripes.
VIVID patterns.


I used CTMH's retired Animal Cookies paper pack, but I replaced the Tulip red (which is kind of pinkish), with Holiday Red, which is more vibrant to match the Cat in the Hat. I used the patterns from the pack that don't include Tulip. Lots of fun numbers, circles, and stripes.

For the Holiday Red squares I used cardstock, but to jazz it up a bit and add some interest I stamped them with the grid pattern from my favorite Universal Backgrounds stamp set. This set is seriously one of my most used. It has a pattern for just about any project. You may remember most recently I used the music notes background on my Advent Calendar. The squares are cut at 1-3/4" and the white squares with the letters are 1-1/2". The letters themselves are cut on the Artiste Cricut cartridge at 1".


I found the Cat in the Hat images online, then sized them and printed them onto glossy photo paper right from my home printer. Then I cut them out with my handy dandy ultra-sharp micro-tip scissors. I used the arrow and star from the Milepost Shapes and used an Acylic Paint Dabber from Ranger in Snow Cap to add some distressed white, then when it was dry I inked the edges with black StazOn ink. (BTW I love the Acrylic Paint Dabber...it was my first time using it. It's so much cleaner to be able to dab the paint right from the bottle.)

I also made this matching card for my customer to include with the frame since she's giving it as a Baby Shower gift. The "baby boy" stamp is from the retired set Sweet Baby.

Thanks for stopping by!

If you'd like to order a custom-designed {What's in a Frame}, check out my Etsy shop.

If you'd like to make your own, order your CTMH supplies HERE! I'm offering FREE SHIPPING in November on CTMH orders of $50 or more. Detail here.




Universal Backgrounds stamp set
 
Milepost Shapes



No comments: