Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thanksgiving Tablescape & DIY Turkey Napkin Rings

Hi everyone!

I feel like I've neglected my blog. I've had family in town and am finally catching up, but it was so nice to visit with my parents, aunt, and uncle. My cousin lives up the street from me and we decided to have Thanksgiving dinner at her house this year. Her parents came from Phoenix and my parents from San Diego, and for the first time ever our families celebrated Thanksgiving together! (We were really missing my sister and my other cousin, though!)

My cousin set up a beautiful table. I love her eclectic style with the mismatched, yet matching dishes, and all of the candles flowing across the table.

And I wanted to show you a close-up of the cute little turkey napkin rings I made. My aunt sent my cousin these felt turkeys and some ribbon that she picked up at Joann fabric & crafts. My cousin handed them to me the week before and said "Here, I have no idea what to do with these but I'm sure you do!" So I made napkin rings.
They were pretty simple. I formed a ring with wired ribbon and attached with velcro at the back so they're easy to put around the napkins. She sent orange and olive green burlap-style ribbon. Then I cut strips of the orange ribbon and my CTMH burlap ribbon and formed loops to add behind the turkeys for some added texture. I hot-glued the loops to the backs of the turkeys, then hot-glued the turkeys to the ribbon rings. To finish them off, I added yellow Stickles on the feathers and a dot on the face for some sparkle. Easy peasy.

Here's my uncle and me before dinner. Sadly, this is the only photo I got on my phone with people in it. My mom took tons of pictures but I don't have them yet.

The day before Thanksgiving my mom, hubby, and I went to the Apple store to get my new iPhone 5!!! My parents got it for me as an early birthday present :) The thing I'm most excited about with the iPhone 5 is the improved camera, since I use my phone as my primary point-and-shoot camera. So after I got it, I went out in the parking lot and took my first photo...me as a proud new iPhone 5 owner :)

My mom and I made some Christmas cards and I've been working on lots of other crafts, so I'll be back soon with more to share. (I need to catch up on photo-editing now!)

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Glad you had a fun Thanksgiving! Adorable napkin rings and congrats on your new iphone!!!!

Dana Paper Memories4u said...

Such cute and fun napkin rings and I LOVE your hat. Your adorable in it! :))