Saturday, December 15, 2012

Christmas Gift Card Holder & Gift Tags Using Cricut Artiste

For my Christmas Card Workshop in October, I decided to add in a gift card holder and a couple of gift tags for my crafty friends to make.

They are simple but cute! Here are the gift tags...

I used the October Stamp of the Month, "Very Merry Christmas," to cut out the tag shapes from the Artiste Cricut cartridge. The carrier sheet of the stamp set tells me what size to cut it at and everything! Then to get the different colors of ink, I applied the Topiary and Ruby inks with sponge daubers. (Be sure to use a different dauber for each color!)

To do this, ink up your sponge dauber really well, then dab right onto the stamp. Repeat with the second color until you have nice, even coverage. "Huff" on your stamp to re-moisten the ink and then stamp onto your tag. I added glitz glitter to the tags. NOTE: when you add glitter gel to any of our red inks (and some pinks), the ink bleeds, so add the glitter to the green. This goes for any "wet" products.

Next up is this super cute gift card holder. I cut out the base on the Cricut Artiste at 5". (Page 59 of the Artiste handbook.)



Check out the gold pen on the dark-colored paper! I {heart} our Metallics Markers. You get a gold and silver one in the set. I used Pear & Partridge paper and my leftover ribbon from the Pear & Partridge Cardmaking Workshop on the Go to decorate this cutie.

There's also a similar gift card holder on Artiste in a bracket shape. You can see the wedding gift card holder (and gift) I made with it HERE.

1 comment:

Kigz said...

Well, thank you for the reminder about the metallic markers! I always forget about those! I love how you tied the gift card holder closed with a ribbon! OK, I am dying to see tomorrow's post!!!