Thursday, December 20, 2012

Merry Christmas Banners Card

I'm almost done sharing my 2012 Christmas cards with you. Still a few to go, though.

This one was inspired by Debby Hughes' Congratulations card. I used the Pear & Partridge paper pack and if you look closely on the red you can see the bird I stamped from the P&P Cardmaking WOTG kit. The red sparkles are also from the kit.


Lots of dimension on this card...you can kind of see more of it below.

Here's a trick to cutting your banners. First, cut a 1" (or so) slit right down the middle of the "tail" end, where the "tails" of the banner will come together.Then snip from the corner of each side up to where the slit ends. This will ensure that both sides of your banner are even. I hope I explained that well enough without photos. (Or you can use the Art Philosophy cartridge to cut your banners!)

See you again tomorrow!

Don't forget about the awesome Whoo's Your Valentine promo...spend $35 and get the kit for only $10. The kit on its own is a $40 value and includes a MUST-HAVE stamp set that you can use again and again...for so many things besides Valentines. Shop now >

Here's what the stamp set looks like...



2 comments:

Kigz said...

Great tip! I drive myself bonkers evening out the sides of the tail end, lol! I am going to miss Christmas cards next month. Love the mix of elements in this one, Jayma! :)

Amy said...

Love this card! That is how I do my banners too.