Saturday, December 1, 2012

My Favorite {CTMH} Things Blog Hop: Nativity Christmas Cards

Hello! Welcome to my fabulous Playing with Paper team's monthly My Favorite {CTMH} Things Blog Hop. This month our theme, again, is Christmas projects! I just can't get enough of Christmas projects...I love them!

I bet a lot of you are working on your Christmas cards right now. One of my favorite stamp sets for cards is Glory to God. I do love all the cutesy Christmas stamps, but this stamp set represents what this season is all about.

Update: The Glory to God stamp set is now retired, but there is a VERY similar one called Reason for the Season, available HERE.

Here's the first card I made, inspired by this card I found on Pinterest by Nichole Heady.

 
I decided to add some color with the red from the Pear & Partridge paper pack and a red sparkle to make the star stand out. The ticket shapes were cut out with the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge. When I stamped the scene, I simply lined up all the tickets next to each other, then spread them apart a bit when I adhered them to my card. I used another one of my favorite stamp sets, Universal Backgrounds, for the background of the card.

I had a Christmas Card Workshop in October (I know, I know, I still haven't shared all the photos like I promised!) I wanted to use the above idea for the workshop, but simplify it a bit, so here's what I came up with...

I added some stardust glitz glitter to the stars to make them shine. For the "hay" in the manger (or it could be the sand in the desert) I used kraft cardstock and tore the edge to give it some texture.


I hope you enjoyed my cards with the Glory to God stamp set.

Now hop on over to see what RENEE has created for you! Thanks for stopping by!


If you like what you see, be sure to "like" my Facebook page and follow my blog :)


Stamps used...

Universal Backgrounds

Glory to God
Update: The Glory to God stamp set is now retired, but there is a VERY similar one called Reason for the Season, available HERE.

Reason for the Season


15 comments:

Carol said...

Great projects! I really love the card with the split image of the nativity!!

Rachel Rusticus said...

We both crafted with nativity love! The textural pops & shimmer really makes this a special scene. Hope today will be a better day to celebrate your birthday weekend!

LauraLee said...

I was totally thinking PTI when I saw the first card! Love it! Thanks for giving inspiration credit! Wish more people did that. Think I might be stamplifting that one in the future because I just love that CTMH stamp set! ;)

Jayma Malme said...

Thanks, guys! LauraLee, I wish more people gave stamplifting credit, too! I always try to! :)

Karen's Creative Nest said...

Great card designs. Thanks for sharing.

Michele said...

Love the split image card. I might have to lift that one. Did you stamp and then cut or cut then stamp? Is the cut a Cricut image?

Brittany Fitch said...

Love the split image and the red in it! I love that you tore the second card also! I want to use taring on something. I really want this stamp set now!!!

Dana Paper Memories4u said...

Jayma, you did a great job on both cards. Can't believe I haven't really noticed this stamp set. Thanks for the inspiration.

Kelly said...

Your cards are beautiful. You always share such wonderful cards and are such an inspiration to the crafty world :)Thanks so much!

Stephanie Davis said...

Jayma, both of your cards are gorgeous!!! So beautiful, so creative! Glory to God is one of my favs too.

Kigz said...

This stamp set is amazing, but you sure made it even more so! I love how you slit up the image to make it almost like a window. The pop of red is perfect! I can't get enough of that musical note background stamp either!

Kigz said...

Forgot to mention the amazing way you tore the kraft paper on the second card--you did a fabulous job!

Wee Von said...

This is a great stamp set and you showed it off to perfection! I'm not sure which is my favorite.

Sheri Ann Henderson said...

Love both of your cards and the stamp!!!

Kristen Snoozy Independent CTMH consultant said...

Didn't really love the Nativity Set until I saw what you did with it!!! Thanks for the inspiration!