Monday, December 24, 2012

My Mom's Christmas Cards

My parents came to visit my hubby and me in Seattle for Thanksgiving, and my mom and I did a lot of crafting throughout the week. She got all of her Christmas cards done!

Here are a majority of them...

And here are some close-ups of a few of my favorites. I also really like that ornament one on the bottom right but my picture of it came out blurry. This first is my favorite. I just LOVE that red glittery damask paper. It's SO sparkly in person. All of the white paper is glittery also, but it's hard to tell in the pictures.

 


I love that my mom is into cardmaking...we have so much fun crafting together. I get my crafty gene from her, but she never really papercrafted until I introduced her to it :)

Today starts a whirlwind couple of days for me, but so fun. Up to Orange County (1 hr away) for Christmas eve lunch with FIL's side of family, then to my parents' for our Christmas Eve celebration. My family has always celebrated Christmas and opened gifts on Christmas Eve. Then Christmas morning we'll head down to hubby's parents' house (30 min away) for Christmas morning breakfast and opening gifts. Then afternoon head to LA (2+ hrs away) for Christmas dinner with their long-time family friends. Whew...I'm gonna need a day of rest on the 26th.

Merry Christmas, y'all!

1 comment:

Kigz said...

So you get your crafty gene from her and quite possible your love for sparkle! ;) Sounds familiar, lol!