Saturday, December 22, 2012

Sending Love From Seattle

We've reached the last of my Christmas cards! This card is the one I made the most of to send out to family. I didn't go all out and send to everyone on my Christmas list this year, but I sent these cards to my family who lives places other than Seattle (which is everyone but my cousin). And I also sold several sets to my co-workers at Starbucks, because how fun is this card to send out?!


I got the Space Needle and "Sending love from Seattle" stamps from Impress Stamps soon after moving to Seattle last year. I thought they were so cool since my family isn't from there but didn't have a plan in mind when I bought them. I also got the snowy embossing folder from Impress as well...just this season. It's a Sizzix folder and also came with a subway art-type Christmas embossing folder as well. I hadn't seen that set anywhere else so I was pretty excited when I found it. (You'll see the Subway Art folder tomorrow.)

TIP: Stamp first, then run your paper thru the embossing folder.

Some silver shimmer trim and baker's twine finished off the look nicely. You know I couldn't send out my Christmas cards without my favorite shimmer trim! I used some cranberry and some olive baker's twine.


I used Archival black ink for stamping because it seems so much more vivid than the regular black dye ink. (But it does stain your stamps.)

That's all for my personal Christmas cards, but don't worry, I still have 2 more Christmas posts coming for gift card holders and Christmas cards that my mom made this year ;)

I hope you're all enjoying this magical time of year. I'm having a BLAST in San Diego with my family.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I love it! What a cute little saying and card.