Saturday, January 26, 2013

Dakota & Pinwheel Valentine's Day Card: My Favorite {CTMH} Things Blog Hop

Hello!

Welcome to my Playing With Paper team's first blog hop of 2013! We're all excited to share our Valentine's creations with you this month. And we'll also be showcasing some of our favorite CTMH product(s) at the same time! You are at the beginning of the hop, but it's a circular hop, so it doesn't really matter where you start. If you came from Tysen's blog then you're doing just fine.

My hubby and I don't really celebrate Valentine's Day, although I do love all the red-white-pink creations and decorations out this time of year. But I do give him a card, and I decided to go in a non-traditional direction this year. I was inspired by Rita's card here.

 


I used the upcoming May stamp of the month, called Pinwheel (oh how I love this set), and paired it with the Dakota papers. I wanted to highlight Dakota because it's quite versatile. At first look it's very country, but it also seems very summery to me with the blue and red colors. This would make a great 4th of July card... but the inside of this one says "You make my world go round." I thought that was the perfect sentiment for Valentine's Day :)

I played with a couple of my new embossing folders. To add the color just to the raised parts, I used a Tim Holtz/Ranger ink blending tool. Since it's a flat, somewhat large surface, it's easy to color just the raised parts. I dabbed it on my ink pad then spread around my paper in a circular motion (keep repeating this).

Now head on over to RACHEL'S BLOG to see what she has in store for you.


Only a few days left to get your Whooo's Your Valentine kit! Just $10 with your $35 order through Jan. 31. Here's a video I made to show you the contents of the kit close-up. Shop now >


Have a wonderful weekend!

10 comments:

Renee said...

Very pretty!

Brittany Fitch said...

I love that you made something non-traditional! I know my man would probably appriciate getting a card that ISN'T pink and red! lol Beautiful as always!

Norhalma said...

You make me want to purchase the products you used :) Beautiful and creative, as always!

Rachel Rusticus said...

What a great mix of textures and patterns!

Sheila Wilson said...

I have all GrandBoys, and I'm sure they would love a V=day card that is not girly pink! Thanks for the idea.

homecookedrecipes said...

I had forgotten about this paper pack completely! You've really breathed new life into it with your adorable card design. The layering is beautiful - I always love your style of creativity, Jayma.

Carol said...

Loved how the card wasn't made with the traditional valentine colors. Nice to see how you used the pinwheel.

Ian said...

Super cute, Jayma! You did a wonderful job, but you always do. :) Thanks for the inspiration!

Kigz said...

Love the Charles folder! I have that one too. I really can't wait to order this SOTM and play with it! :) Love how you inked the raised parts instead of sanding!

Amy said...

What a cute little card! I think he will love it. I hope he doesn't see this blog post though ;)