Thursday, January 3, 2013

Twin Boys Owl {What's in a Frame} in Aqua, Gray & White

Hello!
I still barely have a voice and my head is fuzzy, but my coughing and stuffy nose at least let me sleep last night!! Woohoo...I haven't slept well in days because I've been coughing the entire night. Boy did this cold hit me hard.

So...that means I'm feeling well enough to share my latest and greatest with you. One of my friends has a friend who had twin boys and asked if I'd ever made a frame for twins before. "No...but I'd LOVE to!" So I found the 8x10 shadowbox frames hinged together at Michael's. When the boys have their own rooms they can simply take the hinges off and they'll have their own decor.

I wish the photos were better...I had to do a quick photo shoot inside since it was raining...but a little photo-editing goes a long way :)
{Click to see bigger}

My friend sent me a couple of photos of the twins' room so I matched the colors using CTMH Lagoon, Gray Wool, Slate, and White Daisy. The papers I used are from last year's Dotty for You special, Dakota (woodgrain), and some I found in my stash.

I used the stamp set from the current Whooo's Your Valentine kit for the chevron pattern and the owls. (The kit is only $10 with a $35 purchase...such an awesome deal for the super-cute kit!) The "Love" letters are rub-ons (retired). I used Liquid Glass to adhere the Baker's Twine. The heart on the right was stamped in lagoon and outlined with a white paint pen.

To color the Milepost shapes (corrugated cardboard) I used a white sponge dabber (from Ranger) to dab some acrylic paint on the shape. (I've mentioned the sponge dabber before...I LOVE it. It's the low-mess way to use acrylic paint.) Then once the paint was dry I sponged on some Lagoon ink with my sponge dauber.

Each of the owls were paper pieced a bit. I love that the shape of these owls are easy to cut out. This Lagoon one below was stamped in lagoon once and Gray Wool once, then I cut the eyes out of the Gray Wool owl and glued them on top of the Lagoon owl. Some bitty sparkles finished him off nicely. (Do you know how hard it was to NOT add Silver Shimmer Trim to this since it's for boys?! I do love my bling!)

The stars borders are also rub-ons.

I cut the word bubble out with the Artiste Cricut cartridge using the Dotty paper and glued that on top of one of the Dimensional Element chipboard pieces that comes with the Artiste collection. Then I stamped "You bring a Smile to my face" with Gray Wool onto white cardstock and fit it inside the bubble. I LOVE that sentiment and am so glad I dug thru my entire stamp collection to find the perfect stamp for that spot. It's from the stamp set we got for attending CTMH's 2012 Convention in Dallas, TX. This is the first time I have used the set and I was giddy when I found it :)

This last photo just shows some more dimension.

Tada! My friend LOVED it (as she always does...she orderes a frame from me for all her friends when they have babies! Thanks, Kerin!!) I hope the Mama and Daddy loved it just as much!

Oh...and I didn't mention the Alphabet stamp set I used is called the Cocktail Alphabet. It's RETIRING on January 31! So if you love it, be sure to get it this month.
Cocktail Alphabet

 Whooo's Your Valentine Kit
If you are interested in the Whooo's Your Valentine Kit, here's what's included...

Don't ya love the glitter paper?! It's a new item in the Spring/Summer 2013 Idea Book!!! So excited!

The kit comes with instructions to make these cute treats...

 And here's a close-up of the stamp set (a must-have in my book!!!)

Just order $35 in current products from my website and you can get this kit for only $10!!! Plus, I'll send you a BRAND NEW Idea Book/Catalog which goes live on Feb. 1 when you place an order. Score! Be one of the first to get yours in your hot little hands :) Shop now >

4 comments:

Carol said...

Love all the projects you post! Super cute frames and I love the color combination.

Amy said...

These turned out so cute. I love this color combo. The details that you always remember make this over the top cute.

Kigz said...

These are gorgeous! I just love all of your name frames. You inspired me to make some of my own last month for gifts! Coming soon to a blog hop near you! ;)

Kigz said...

Oh--and I LOVE what you did with the milepost shapes, Jayma!