Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Slate Gray & Lavender Bridal Shower Invitations with Artiste Cricut Cartridge

This week's challenge at Heart 2 Heart Challenges is "Love is in the air." It's no secret I LOVE creating invitations...and these bridal shower invitations fit the challenge perfectly. This is one of the variations I made for a recent Etsy customer. Her wedding is gray and dusty lavender/pink, and she loved the Pearls & Lace invitations in my shop here.

I always give my customers several color choices before finalizing and mass-producing their invitations. This is not the color combo she chose, but I just love how it turned out and it may be perfect for someone else! (I'll share the winner when I finish them.)


The ribbon is our Slate satin polka-dot ribbon, which I cut in half lengthwise. So that the raw edge wouldn't fray, I VERY quickly singed  the edges with a lighter. Don't do it more than a split second or it will turn brown and crusty, and the ribbon will ruffle too much.

I used all CTMH products for this invitation (unfortunately we don't have the right color purple for her). The base is Slate. The lavender accent is Petal, and the doily is Colonial White. I cut the doily using my Cricut Artiste cartridge. (I seriously don't know what I'd do without that cartridge or the Art Philosophy! They are constantly life-savers in my custom designs!)

I designed the invitation info in InDesign and printed it from my computer onto Colonial White cardstock.

If you'd like to play along this week at Heart 2 Heart, simply link up your project with the theme "love is in the air" to the bottom of THIS post. You have until the end of February to play along...and at the end of the month we'll choose the top 10 designers from the whole month!

Even if you don't want to play along, you can check out the other Design Team's projects...they're all amazing :)

FREE Shipping on all new CTMH orders over $99!
(Includes CTMH Cricut collections)





2 comments:

Katy said...

Love it, Jayma!!! I also enjoyed looking at all your etsy stuff...it's amazing what you can learn by reading a blog post :0)

Kigz said...

Oh, you are a brave girl! I don't play well with fire, but that is a great tip, lol! I use my liguid glass usually, but that is lot of length to cover. Beautiful use of the doily cut, Jayma! I love CCR too! :)