Monday, March 25, 2013

Egg-cited for Easter with CTMH Chantilly

Hello!
I honestly can't believe Easter is next week (or this week...however you want to look at it). As I was creating this project, it didn't even strike me until after I was finished!

The challenge this week over at Heart 2 Heart Challenges is to make something for Easter! It can be anything that Easter (or eggs) inspires in you.

For my project, I wanted to make some sort of Easter basket. I had these clear boxes lying around, which are from clearbags.com, and thought they'd be the perfect size for just a little candy for someone special. These would make cute co-worker or friend gifts. Or even for a child who you don't want to have a bunch of candy! You could also fill it with small toys instead.


I used CTMH's new Chantilly paper pack. (How could I not with the perfect spring colors?) I adore this paper. Probably one of my favorites CTMH has come out with!

I knew I wanted to add lots of dimension and frills. I sure love my 3D Cricut flowers! I cut this from Artiste with one of the patterned papers in the pack at 2.5" (I think). I also cut the leaves from Artiste.

The mesh-like ribbon is from Hobby Lobby. I could get lost in their ribbon section...they have such fun ribbon that I haven't seen elsewhere. The nearest Hobby Lobby to me is almost an hour away, so it's always fun to visit :) This ribbon came pleated, so naturally, I had to add some sparkle with the SHIMMER trim! Oh, how I love that stuff.


Since the box is clear, I wrapped the paper handle around the top of the lid. Since you could see where the handle ends came together through the lid, I added a flower to cover it up. The flower center is a rhinestone brad (sadly, now retired). Love me some bling!

And here's one last angle. I hope you enjoyed it! Let me know if you have any questions.

Have a wonderful week...thanks for stopping by!

If you'd like to play along at Heart 2 Heart...hurry and visit this week! March Madness is going on with lots of giveaways...and you can still enter any of the other March challenges.

4 comments:

Katy said...

Oh,Jayma...LOVE the little tutu on this sweet little basket!

Carolyn Mendoza-Canales said...

Adorable!!! I love it! How big is the box?? (ps, thanks for the reminder about this weeks H2H)

candra said...

Beautiful! Thank you for the lovely comments on my blog. I look forward to coming back to your blog for future inspiration.

Kigz said...

This is sooooo beautiful! I was wondering how you colored our Tulle! ;) Fabulous use of the shimmer trim, as always! I love the simplicity of each part, yet it is overall a masterpiece!