Monday, March 11, 2013

"Go Green" H2H Challenge: John Deere Name Frame

This week's challenge at Heart 2 Heart is to Go Green! This could mean using something recycled, or using the color green, or making something for St. Paddy's Day...get creative!

I chose to create something that is the color green...and there's also a little something recycled. It worked out well because I had an Etsy order for a {What's in a Frame} that just so happened to be John Deere-themed...and you know what color that is!

I used CTMH Sunny Yellow and Black Cardstock, along with some green CS from a value pack at Michael's. The letters were cut with the Art Philosophy cartridge at 1".

I found the tractor and logo on a website called logotypes101, which has hi-res files for just about any logo you could want. I've found a lot of sports logos for these frames on that site as well.

I used a couple different background stamps on the green and yellow squares. The green squares use the Hit the Spot (retired) stamp set inked in Clover Green. The yellow squares are stamped with one of the stamps from the new In The Background stamp set (one of my favorites!), stamped in Sunny Yellow. I thought the diagonal lines looked kind of like tractor tire marks :)

See that white mesh-looking stuff under the tractor? You'll never guess what it is! Have you ever bought curtains from Ikea? Well, they come really long and you're supposed to "hem" them yourself. This mesh is the heat-activated stuff what you're supposed to use to hem it with an iron. I didn't need it so I put it in my craft room...and it looks like perfect tire tracks for the tractor :) It doesn't work well with glue, so I had to tape each end.

I hope you enjoyed my project.

You can participate in this week's challenge, too! Head on over to Heart 2 Heart and check out the other Design Team's project, then create your own and link it up!

5 comments:

Amy said...

So cute! I know a ton of little boys in this farm town that would love this. Adorable.

Kelly Schelske said...

This is fabulous! I should make one for my son!

Kigz said...

Adorable!!! I have to say that I am in love with your {What's in a Frame} creations. They are absolutely amazing and each one unique. I will have to check out that website--thanks so much for sharing it! :)

canadian_liner said...

Love the Name-Frame, and this one is perfect for a little boy who loved BIG DIGGERS or just tractors in general. You do such a great job with these!

Katy said...

I love all your frames and this GREEN one is so CUTE! I'm not a John Deere person (other than owning the stock) but my nephew is and this makes me smile and think of him!