Saturday, March 30, 2013

"My Favorite Things" Spring Blog Hop

Hello! Happy Spring (and almost Easter!). I'm going to Easter service tonight so it already feels like Easter to me :)

This month my Playing with Paper team and I are sharing something Spring or Easter-themed with you. I LOVE springtime. Especially since it's finally warming up here in Seattle. Ahhhhh. Now those blooming flowers seem like they're in place.

Today I'm sharing a simple card with some fun techniques.

Since our blog hop features one of our favorite things, it may seem like I'm featuring CTMH's new textiles, since that fabric flower is the star of the show. (The Chantilly fabric matches the Chantilly paper perfectly!) But actually, I am in love with the 2 stamps you see. The chevron stamp is from the new In the Background set, and "Hope your day is happy" is from the Chantilly Workshop on the Go cardmaking kit. I love that it works for birthday, or anything, really! Sometimes I don't like to stamp sentiments on cards until I know what I'll use it for, but this will work for so many occasions. 

I made a video a while back on how to make these fabric flowers (see the end of this post). They're so addicting (and easy) to make :)

TIP: Love the look of the patterned paper around the edge, But don't want to "hide" so much of that pretty paper? Cut out the center to save for another card!


Here's my video on how to make a statement necklace, which uses this same flower. (Sorry for the light background music...this was one of my first videos.)


How head on over to Norhalma's blog to see what Spring treat she has in store for you!

Here are some of the products I used:

In the Background

Chantilly Paper Packet

Chantilly Textiles



Chantilly Cardmaking WOTG Kit


6 comments:

Rachel Rusticus said...

Adorable spring card! Loved the tip on saving pretty paper as well:)

Happy Easter,
Rachel

www.creativelyredeemingher.blogspot.com

Tammy said...

Adorable! Love your fabric flower!

Stephanie Davis said...

Oh Jayma~I love it!!! Fabulous!

Norhalma said...

I love how simple yet so pretty it is. The fabric flower is lovely. Thanks for sharing a paper-saving tip!

Brittany Fitch said...

Got to love saving pretty paper! That fabric flower is ADORABLE!!! I want to try that! Thank you for sharing!

Kigz said...

Save my pretty paper--um ok! Great tip that I always seem to forget. Love those flowers, Jayma. Chevrons, yes, please! I love that one too! :)