Sunday, March 10, 2013

My First Color Dare + Mojo Monday with Footloose & Claire

This week I am participating in my first Color My Heart color dare. I always see my talented friend Amie's projects as a DT member, and finally am feeling some mojo to participate. Speaking of mojo, I used the Mojo Monday sketch #283 for my card.

I decided to make a Congrats card for a friend who is having a baby. The Color Dare is actually not even a typical color dare this week...it's to use at least 2 different CTMH paper packs on your project. I used last summer's Footloose paper pack paired with the NEW Claire paper pack (dots). I added a bit of black for some extra pop.

The whale is from the Under the Sea stamp set. I first wanted to play with my new New Baby stamp set, which also has a whale, but that whale's water spray stuck up too high! (I guess technically I did play with the set, but it didn'twork out so well.) I accidentally deleted my angled shot of the whale...but there's glitz glitter gel on the swirls and water spout. And I fussy-cut the whale out and popped him up on 3D foam squares for dimension.

I could, however, still use the sentiment from New Baby: "Whale, what do you know? A new Baby." Love it! I stamped it on the inside, because it didn't fit in the spot I wanted to use on the front. So on the front I used "Congrats" from an oldie but goodie stamp set. I don't even remember the name...it's from a card set special several years ago.

I feel like this card needs a little more in the top left, but left it blank to stay true to the sketch. I may go back and change it, though!

Thanks for visiting today! Here are what the current CTMH products I used look like...
New Baby


Under the Sea

Claire Paper Packet


And here's the Mojo Monday sketch...

6 comments:

Kigz said...

Yay!!!! I'm so glad you were able to play along this week! You are super-sweet, Jayma--thank you! I do love that pop of black on your card, and I can see the glitter glitz--perfect touches. These papers look adorable together for your card! Thanks for linking up with us at the Color My Heart Color Dare and come back again soon! :)

Becca Whitham said...

Oh...I could totally see you using the whale from the New Baby set by stamping him on the B&T paper, the circle, and then just the whale on a piece you pop up. It would make the spray look like it's fading away.

Very cute card. Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart. We hope you will come back often now that you've taken the initial Color Dare plunge.

sarahstone said...

What a cute baby card, Jayma! I'm always looking for baby ideas because there's something in the water at our church, LOL! I'm going to use this one if you don't mind. I love that whale and what you did with him (honestly I think it's cuter than the other whale). Thanks for joining in at Color My Heart!

Sarah

NJ Stamping Queen said...

What a fun card! I never would have thought to use a whale for a baby card--it's delightful! Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart Color Dare this week. We hope you'll be able to join us again soon!
:) Marie

Julia said...

Fabulous card!!! I love the mix of papers that you used!!

Pam said...

Great job! A nice combination of colors. Thanks for joining us this week at Color my Heart.