Friday, March 29, 2013

My Mom's Pastel Landscape Artwork

My mom recently learned how to create with pastels. She learned from my aunt, who has been doing it a long time, and used to be an art teacher. She then got all into it and watched DVDs, read books, and even started taking a painting class. She couldn't find a pastel class, but the painting class has still been helpful, and the teacher doesn't mind what they work on. It's more to set aside time each week to create. (I can relate to that...in a different medium!)

Anyway, I wanted to share the SECOND-EVER pastel that my mom created. I'm so proud of her...I think it's so amazing!

I definitely get my artistic skills and eye for color from her. She's always been really great with any craft or art activity she does (as have I).

So...now you know where my crafty gene comes from.

I hope to have more of my mom's artwork to share with you :)

Have a great weekend!

No comments: