Thursday, April 25, 2013

Olivia's Polar Bear {What's in a Frame} Personalized Name Decor

If you are a fan of my Facebook page, you may have seen me tease about the {What's in a Frame} projects I've completed lately! I made 5 of them in the past month and am finally editing my photos. The photos just never do the frames justice, though! I wish you could see them in real life.

Here is the framed artwork I made for Olivia. My friend Kerin orders one of my frames for all of her friends who have babies. Well, Olivia is not a baby, but her little sister Riley got a cute frame, and Mom, Dad & sister love it so much that Kerin ordered one for big sister. AND, they just got ANOTHER little sister, so I'll be sharing hers in my next post :)


Olivia's room is polar bears (obviously). I found these cute digital images on Etsy (here). I resized and printed them onto glossy photo paper and carefully trimmed them out. They are adhered with 3D foam tape for some dimension.

I didn't use any patterned paper for this artwork...it's all stamped cardstock! This is what I do to create the look of patterned paper, but you have more control of the colors.


I used the Love Life stamp set from CTMH for the swirls and the dots are from a new stamp company called Mama Elephant. I've gotta say, they have some super cute stamps, but the quality just doesn't compare to CTMH MyAcrylix stamps!

Some pretty CTMH buttons (my favorite), sparkles, and lacy trim added just the right amount of detail. Love.

If you'd like to purchase one of my {What's in a Frame} products, visit my Etsy shop!

2 comments:

Kryssi said...

Cute project!

I have to rebute your statement though, Mama Elephant stamps are manufactured from 100% photopolymer so the quality is equal and on par with CTMH stamps.

Jayma Malme said...

Thanks! I don't doubt that they're nice quality and 100% photopolymer...just going by what I experienced. They didn't stamp as nicely as my CTMH stamps.