Saturday, May 18, 2013

Elena's Vintage Dr. Seuss Cat in the Hat Nursery Name Frame

Last month I promised to share some {What's in a Frame} projects I finished. This one is for Baby Elena. I shared her big sister Olivia's frame HERE last month and her {littler} big sister's frame HERE.

Elena's room is kinda of a vintage Dr. Seuss theme. Basically, not all the bright colors of the traditional Dr. Seuss. So, I used the same Cat in the Hat images as on THIS frame for Baby Caleb, but toned down the red quite a bit in Photoshop before printing onto glossy photo paper and cutting them out. Then I paired them with light blue and green to match the nursery instead of such vivid colors.

All of the squares began as plain cardstock in CTMH Sweet Leaf, Crystal Blue, and SU Riding Hood Red. I used background stamps to give each color a pattern. The dots are from Mama Elephant stamp, the chevron is from Hero Arts, and the grid is from CTMH Universal Backgrounds (one of my faves).

Here are some close-ups. I used the glittery shimmer trim as a base for the Cat in the Hat to "pop out of"...plus every girl needs some bling in her room!

I love the fish :) For the Milepost shapes, which come cardboard-color, I used a white acrylic paint dabber to add some white, but left some of the original color for texture and interest. I have mentioned before...I love the paint dabbers. It makes adding a little color less messy and so easy!

Right now you can get a package of the Milepost shapes on clearance for only $1! Shop here >

I've got a few more frames to share with you next week, plus the Mother's Day gifts I made!

If you're interested in purchasing one of my handmade nursery decor frames for your little one or as a baby shower gift, visit my Etsy shop :)

No comments: