Monday, May 20, 2013

Londyn's Black & White Damask {What's in a Frame} and Matching Card

One of my good friends and CTMH downline, Mandy, had a baby back in August. I had promised to make her a name frame for Londyn's nursery back when I saw her at Convention in July!! It only took me 7 months after Londyn was born, but I finally made it and sent it to her!

For those of you who know Mandy, you know she LOVES black & white damask. So that is the theme for Londyn's amazing nursery. {You've gotta check out her nursery post.}

Here's the {What's in a Frame} I made for Londyn...
It's almost like I knew I should wait on Londyn's frame, because CTMH came out with the For Always paper pack with this current Spring/Summer catalog, and it couldn't be more perfect for the nursery!

All of the damask-ish paper began as black-and-white from For Always. For the green, I swiped my New England Ivy ink pad directly over the paper to change the white to green. (I learned this trick from Pamela O'Connor...see her tutorial.)


The skirt on the dress form was made with CTMH's FAB rosette ribbon. I used hot glue and just laid down a line of it at a time, then adhered the rosette ribbon where I wanted it. Then I used the black shimmer trim to create a waistline, folding the ends behind. I love that the shimmer trim is self-adhesive.

I cut the letters with the Artiste Cricut cartridge at 1" with CTMH's new glitter paper. (I HEART the glitter paper!) It cuts wonderfully on the Cricut and with your paper trimmer.

Some more shimmer trim, black tulle ribbon, and adhesive-backed pearls finished the look. The frame I used is a shallow shadow box from Hobby Lobby, so it fit all the dimension nicely.

Here is the card I sent with the frame...
The pennants were created with the For Always textile fabric, which matches the paper. The only exception is that the fabric is bright White Daisy and the paper is Colonial White.

These pennants were actually made by Marissa Rowley (Michele's daughter) at our team swap a few months ago. She used Bonding Memories to adhere the pennant flaps together over the black hemp. I added them to the card with Londyn's name using the Trinity Alphabet stamps. (I LOVE the Trinity Alphabet because it comes with 3 sizes of letters. Perfect for scrapbooking and/or cardmaking!)

For these and other CTMH products, shop HERE >

If you'd like to purchase a frame for your little one or as a gift, visit my Etsy shop >

Thanks for visiting!

Trinity Alphabet Stamp Set

3 comments:

Mandy Leahy {CTMH} said...

It is even more amazingly beautiful in person. Thank you again. It looks so gorgeous in her nursery. XO!

Kigz said...

Stunning! I bet the sparkle goes right along with Londyn's personality! :) So many perfect details, Jayma. Truly inspiring!

bren said...

This so darling Jayma! Not what are you working on for YOUR nursery?