Saturday, May 4, 2013

Mother's Day Card & Dream Pop Blog Hop!

Hello!
Happy National Scrapbooking Day, and welcome to my fabulous Playing With Paper team's monthly blog hop! This month we are featuring the luscious Dream Pop paper pack, which is Close to my Heart's special for National Scrapbooking Month.

If you came from Rachel's blog, you're back at the beginning of the hop. But it doesn't matter where you start because we go in a circle :)

Today I am sharing a card that is very similar to this one I shared last week. I liked it so much that I decided to put a different spin on it....FLOWERS for Mother's Day! This is one of the cards we made at my card class last weekend, and everyone loved it :)

 
I love the layered flowers. They, along with the leaves, were cut with the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge. I cut each flower 1/4" different so they'd layer nicely. I used the yummy textured cardstock that comes in the Dream Pop paper pack. (See it all close up in my video below.)

I accessorized with black shimmer trim, a black glitter button (love this collection), and "mom" is stamped in Archival Black ink with the Trinity stamp set. This is one of my favorite alphabet stamp sets because it includes small, medium, and large letters (and some numbers and punctuation) in one set!


Next in the hop is Norhalma...she's always got such beautiful artwork to share! 


More About Dream Pop
This exclusive Dream Pop paper packet is only available in May, and it's only $10 with a $35 CTMH purchase from me! Here's what this dreamy paper looks like...

Take a look at my video to see these beautiful papers close up...


Gotta have it, right? You can order it now with a $35 purchase! Shop now or View the Catalog.

OR You can also get this paper packet for FREE when you sign up to be a CTMH Consultant on my team in May! Woohoo! Then you, too, could join in on our blog hops! The kit is only $49 and you get over $150 in crafty goodness!

 Here are close-ups and links to some of the products I used...
Trinity Stamp Set
Buttons Black Assortment

 Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Brittany Fitch said...

Beautiful as always Jayma! I love that flower and those buttons are great and add just the right amount of sparkle!

Lalia H. said...

Love this card! Those flowers are so fun!

Rachel Rusticus said...

Love the contrast of bright colors to the black sparkle accents! Happy 1st Mother's Day to you soon!!

Norhalma said...

I agree with Rachel, combining it with black makes the colors pop more! What a lovely card!

homecookedrecipes said...

What I enjoy about blog hops is seeing fresh ideas for the products I have. This layout and the one you linked to that resembles it are beautiful! I really like how you added black and white to this card and you brought a font stamp to my attention that I had never noticed before. I am considering ordering it. Thank you!

Kigz said...

What a gorgeous way to use Dream Pop! The color sure does POP in your card! I'm swooning over your glittery touches. Beautiful, Jayma! Happy almost Mother's Day to you!