Monday, May 6, 2013

Teacher Appreciation Gift & Card With Dream Pop

Hello, and happy Monday!

This week is the official week to celebrate and thank our teachers for the hard work they do all year long. And the challenge at Heart 2 Heart this week is to create something for Teacher Appreciation Week.

I created this little pillow box and matching 3" x 3" card using the new Dream Pop Paper Pack. The Pillow Box is on page 28 of the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge, and it's the perfect size to fit a gift card and a small treat :)


The flowers were also cut with the Art Philosophy cartridge. (If you have a Cricut, it's a must-have cartridge for sure!)  I had just used some burlap ribbon for a different project, so I used some of the fibers I pulled from it to wrap around the pillow box for added texture. I love our burlap ribbon for so many reasons. It is easy to fray and pull apart; it doesn't smell; and if you leave it as-is, it's bound on the sides so that it doesn't fray if you don't want it to.


I inked the edges of the flowers in Archival Ink first for the pillow box, but I didn't really like it, so I left them plain for the card. I used a pearl badge button (retired) for the flower centers.


If you'd like to participate in this challenge, head over to the Heart 2 Heart blog and link up your project!

How Can I Get Dream Pop?
Can we just talk about this yummy paper for a minute?! I LOVE the Dream Pop paper!!! It's an exclusive item only available in May for National Scrapbooking Month, and it's only $10 with a $35 CTMH purchase from me! Here's what this dreamy paper looks like...

Take a look at my video to see these beautiful papers close up...

You can order it now with a $35 purchase! Shop now or View the Catalog.

OR You can also get this paper packet for FREE when you sign up to be a CTMH Consultant on my team in May! Woohoo! The kit is only $49 and you get over $150 in crafty goodness!

1 comment:

Kigz said...

I just got a few packs of these pearl badges for these flowers! I think they are the best! The black edging isn't so bad, but it sure does pop without it! Genius idea with the burlap! Cannot wait to unravel mine! ;)