Friday, June 21, 2013

Hello Tweety Thank You Card | H2H Photo Inspiration Challenge

This week's challenge at Heart 2 Heart is a vintage photo challenge. I love photo challenges because you can go in so many different directions...colors, theme, sketch... Here's what I came up with...


I used one of my favorite current stamp sets, Hello Tweety, and another oldie but goodie stamp set from the Sophia WOTG for the sentiment. The polka dot paper I used is from a retired paper pack called Twitterpated. I just loved that paper...I still have quite a bit of it :)

I used black and sorbet ink. The birdcages in the background are stamped in second generation (meaning I stamped them onto scrap paper first, then stamped again onto my card base without re-inking). You really can't see in the photo, but I added a little glitz glitter gel to the birdcage in a few spots. I've gotta add that bling somewhere!

Here is the photo inspiration. As you can see, I was inspired by the birdcage and colors.

If you'd like to participate in H2H's photo inspiration challenge, you have until the end of the month to link up! We'd love to see what you come up with. Be sure to check out their blog for the rules :)

Here's the Hello Tweety stamp set. You can purchase your own HERE! Shop for more Close to my Heart products HERE, including While Supplies Last Clearance items!

5 comments:

Kigz said...

Love how you made the background! (Especially the bling!) The black mat sure makes the birdcage pop...and the little bird inside is perfect. I like that Twitterpated paper too, but it was before my CTMH time...is it really Sorbet? Guess I'm really starting to come around, lol!

The Leaf Studio said...

Gorgeous card! Love the background and the design!
Oh, and thanks on the comment on my bunny card (for H2H challenge)! Sorry it took so long to acknowledge...

Sheila Bennett said...

Adorable card! Love what you created.

Donna said...

What a great way to do the background on the card!

Casandra Bennett said...

Twitterpated was spotted right away. It is still one of my fav's, too. Cute card!