Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Tropical Father's Day Card

Hello!
Today I have a Father's Day card to share with you. The challenge at Heart 2 Heart this week is "If you like Pina Coladas...let's go tropical!"

My dad likes to wear Hawaiian shirts, so I decided to make him a Hawaiian shirt card. I know I have already made several of the BBQ Apron Father's Day cards, but I already gave him that card a couple of years ago, so I went with something different for him :)


I used the Cricut Artiste to cut the shirt card base. It was so easy...it cut the whole base in that shape, and scored the collar lines and everything. There's also a pocket and tie cut if you want to add them as well. I actually cut it twice, once in cardstock and once in the Moondoggie paper. Since the Moondoggie paper is older, it is not cardstock-weight, so I did not want it to comprise the whole base.


I used wooden buttons from the mini medley wooden collection and durables artisan studs on the collar. I inked all the edges and around the buttons with Desert Sand ink and a sponge dauber. Easy and cute!

I hope you'll join us at H2H this week and make your own tropical-inspired piece of art! Just make sure you use mostly CTMH products and link up your project to their blog!

Happy crafting :)

1 comment:

Kigz said...

This is the cutest Hawaiian shirt ever! I love how you layered the paper with the CS to make it workable and more sturdy. Those buttons look fab inked up! :)