Saturday, August 17, 2013

Fiesta Baby Shower Invitations

One of my good friends, Melissa, is also pregnant. And she's due next week...just 2 weeks before me! I couldn't make it to her baby shower but wanted to have a part in it, so I made her invitations. Most of the invitations were sent via email, but I made a handful that went to those without email addresses :)

Melissa has always had a love of the Latino culture. Her and Chris's wedding was a Fiesta theme, so it is only fitting that Baby Bean have a bright-colored nursery and a Fiesta-themed Baby Shower!

I was inspired by THIS invitation, which I found on Pinterest, and this is what I came up with. Isn't it funny how you can be totally inspired by something, but it turned out completely different?


I love the title font I used. It's called "You Wish You Were a Shirley" and screams "FIESTA," don't you think? And their names are also in a fun font, called "Amazing Ruler." I created the invitations with a few different-colored backgrounds for variety (but I like the red background best). :)

She loves them. And so do I :)

I also made my own garden-themed Baby Shower invitations, which I'll share soon (along with more DIY home projects). I made them over 2 months ago...about time I share, right?! Well, that's what happens when you go on vacation, buy a house, move to a different state, and are knee-deep in new-home DIY projects :) Oh yeah, all while pregnant.

Happy creating!

No comments: