Thursday, August 8, 2013

Artbooking Meets Laughing Lola: Color My Heart Guest Designer

Hello!
This week I have the honor of being the guest designer at the Color My Heart Color Dare blog :)

The challenge this week is to create something with Laughing Lola, using 2 of the exclusive colors in the kit: Laughing Lola blue (similar to Lagoon) and Laughing Lola gold (similar to Bamboo or Desert Sand).

I played with the new Artbooking Cricut cartridge for my card! I wanted to show you that Artbooking is for more than scrapbooking and mini-books...it also has great cuts for cards!


Did you notice anything "weird" about this card? No stamping! Wow, that doesn't happen often for me. Usually I at least stamp the sentiment, but Artbooking took care of that for me.

I created a card with a similar sketch HERE, and I love that it really highlights the beautiful patterns in our CTMH paper, so I decided to use it again. I added some silver glitter paper behind the negative space in my Cricut cut. To give the word bubble a black outline, I cut the same word bubble (pg 78) in black, just 1/4" larger than the purple. Then I snipped the little piece that hangs down from the purple, because they didn't line up exactly. The black border (pg 48) is also cut with Artbooking. In order to fit across the 5" card I cut it at 3/4" (I did the trial and error for you).

Remember to push "REAL DIAL SIZE" when you make cards! All of the cuts on this cartridge are designed to cut in proportion to the scrapbook layout or mini-book they're designed for. So if you want a specific size you need to press "Real Dial Size" to get the size you want.

This next photo shows the fun dimension on this card...

I popped the word bubble up on 3D foam tape. And see those "flower" cut outs in lagoon? They are the cuts from the negative space in one of the Artbooking overlays (pg 84). When you cut an overlay, there are so many small cuts left that I don't want to go to waste, so I save them all. In this card, I inked around each one to make them stand out before gluing them to my card.

I have lots of info about the Artbooking Cricut collection, including a video review of it! 


Thanks for visiting today. And remember to play along with the Color Dare this week...it's a fun one!

8 comments:

Carol Labuski said...

I love this, Jayma, especially how you used the negative pieces on the Lagoon strip. I also save all those cut out pieces but hardly ever seem to use them. You've inspired me to start using them more. Lovely card!

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Wonderful card, Jayma! I love how you used the negative flower cuts on the horizontal panel and the word bubble you cut. Thanks for being our Guest Designer this week at Color My Heart. Please plan to join us soon for another challenge as we love your artwork!
:) Marie

Sheri said...

Love your card, Jayma! I may have to scraplift it. :) I also like how you showed that Artbooking can be used for cards too.

sarahstone said...

I really like the way the layout of your card showcases the patterns on the paper. Sometimes you just want to see those beautiful papers and not cover them up. Thank you so much for guest designing for us at Color My Heart!

Sarah

Becca Whitham said...

What a great way to use the Artbooking cartridge!! Love all the extra touches and details you added. Great job as guesting for Color My Heart this week!!

Gretchen Stumme said...

Amazing detail work using all those overlay cut-outs! I love the sparkle behind the sentiment.

Michelle said...

Love this card! There is so much great detail!

Kigz said...

I am so excited for you to be GD on the Color Dare this week! Wish it weren't my week off, lol...I am in love with your sparkly words in the bubble! Lola sure looks great with gold OR silver! Super-cute card, Jayma!