Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Airplane, Clouds & Chevron Baby Boy {What's in a Frame} - A Peek Into My Creative Process

Hello!
I have a really fun {What's in a Frame} to share with you today! Here's a detail shot before we get into the good stuff...
 
Baby Michael's nursery is decorated in airplanes and the colors are tan, blue, and white. I thought I'd give you a little peek into my creative process. 

I knew I wanted to add some clouds and a sun. I cut the sun and clouds from the Artiste Cricut cartridge. The sun is cut at 3-1/2" to coordinate with the sun stamp in the My Sunshine stamp set (a previous Stamp of the Month). The clouds are cut at 3 different sizes, I forget the exact measurements. I also cut the letters for his name with Artiste.

Then I decided to use the airplane from the retired CTMH Splendid Day stamp set. I inked it in Crystal Blue and then rolled the edges in chocolate to make it pop. I then cut it out, along with the banner to trail from it, and laid everything out to where I liked it.

Once I liked the general layout I adhered the squares down, added the embellishments...and TADA!
When I made this artwork, Baby Michael wasn't born yet, so I left the banner blank for Momma to add his birth stats. I inked the edges of the cloud with a sponge dauber using Crystal Blue ink.

 Since I added a sun in the corner, I also brought in a few other pops of yellow to tie it all together. I stampedthe sun in Honey ink and also inked around the edges.

Here are the measurements I use for all my frames:
  • Colored squares: 1-3/4"
  • White squares that letters are on: 1-1/2"
  • Letters: 1" on Cricut
Paper used:
Tan: CTMH Twitterpated, Claire, & Magnifique
Clouds & blue letters: My Mind's Eye Fly a Kite paper pad
Chevron: I forget! 

Here's the finished product once more...

I hope you enjoyed...have a crafty day!

You can purchase your own customized {What's in a Frame} artwork in my Etsy shop. I love to create one-of-a-kind artwork to match your little one's nursery! They make great gifts, too!




2 comments:

Kigz said...

Yay! A Jayma post!!! ;) This one is so amazing--all the details really make it! LOVE the plane with the banner for birth info!!! :) You nailed this one! (Not shocking though because you always do!!!)

My Life of Travels and Adventures said...

This is so cute. Your project was featured at The Awesome Things Blog Hop! Thanks for linking up. http://www.mylifeoftravelsandadventures.com/2013/11/awesome-things-tuesday-week-2.html