Monday, December 9, 2013

Baby Kailyn's Wooden Letters Decorated With Scrapbook Paper

Hello!

Woohoo...I finally have a napping baby so I've had some crafting/photo editing/blogging time! (Up 'til now Kailyn would only nap in the car or stroller, or not at all.) I finished Kailyn's nursery a few weeks ago and took pictures, and I've been dying to share them with you! But this is good timing, because this project can double as a Christmas project...you can spell "Noel," "Joy," etc, and cover with Christmas paper!

Her nursery is inspired by a garden theme. It's not an all-out garden theme, but lots of bright colors, flowers, butterflies, and bugs :)

I have two more decor projects to share before we get to the entire room. First are these cute wooden letters that I covered with scrapbook paper. They're hanging above her crib, but I'm waiting to show the whole shot until I share her whole room because there's another decor item in the shot ;)

I got the plain white letters at Joann's...I thought the font was cute. Then I chose the paper that would cover each letter. I have a whole box of paper and embellishments I've collected to match Kailyn's nursery. The order of the colors/patterns is not by chance...I spent more time than I should have picking out just the right paper for each letter...laying them out in order to make sure it was pleasing to my eye. I actually had to re-cut the paper for 3 letters because I wasn't happy with the order. Anyone else like that??

To cut the letters, I traced them UPSIDE-DOWN onto the BACK of the paper I wanted to use. Then I cut them out and adhered with Scotch brand adhesive for my ATG. I love that adhesive...it's super strong. Make sure you get as close to the edge as possible so it doesn't peel back. You could also use Mod Podge, but I like the look without the Mod Podge better. Then I inked the edges in Cocoa ink with a sponge dauber and decorated with baker's twine, sparkles, etc.

Here are some close-ups of the embellishments on some of the letters. Pardon the editing, my camera didn't catch the blue well and I tried to get them closer to the real color :)
The letters don't come with a hook for hanging, so I added my own D-ring hangers to the back. They were easy to screw on. It was easier to do that than add a ribbon hanger to each letter.

I hope you enjoyed! I'm editing the next nursery photos now...

Happy crafting!

2 comments:

Kigz said...

I have been waiting for this big reveal, and it was worth the anticipation! I just love all the bright colors! Cute bits of twine and bling, Jayma! You did a fantastic job on everything in the nursery so far....yay for nap time! ;)

John Rozer said...

Really loveable all the bright colors.We can bring for you all kinds of
Card Making and Scrapbooking
Crafts
that you may be looking for.We are considered the top provider of scrapbooking supplies in Australia.