Woohoo...I finally have a napping baby so I've had some crafting/photo editing/blogging time! (Up 'til now Kailyn would only nap in the car or stroller, or not at all.) I finished Kailyn's nursery a few weeks ago and took pictures, and I've been dying to share them with you! But this is good timing, because this project can double as a Christmas project...you can spell "Noel," "Joy," etc, and cover with Christmas paper!
Her nursery is inspired by a garden theme. It's not an all-out garden
theme, but lots of bright colors, flowers, butterflies, and bugs :)
I have two more decor projects to share before we get to the entire room. First are these cute wooden letters that I covered with scrapbook paper. They're hanging above her crib, but I'm waiting to show the whole shot until I share her whole room because there's another decor item in the shot ;)
I got the plain white letters at Joann's...I thought the font was cute. Then I chose the paper that would cover each letter. I have a whole box of paper and embellishments I've collected to match Kailyn's nursery. The order of the colors/patterns is not by chance...I spent more time than I should have picking out just the right paper for each letter...laying them out in order to make sure it was pleasing to my eye. I actually had to re-cut the paper for 3 letters because I wasn't happy with the order. Anyone else like that??
To cut the letters, I traced them UPSIDE-DOWN onto the BACK of the paper I wanted to use. Then I cut them out and adhered with Scotch brand adhesive for my ATG. I love that adhesive...it's super strong. Make sure you get as close to the edge as possible so it doesn't peel back. You could also use Mod Podge, but I like the look without the Mod Podge better. Then I inked the edges in Cocoa ink with a sponge dauber and decorated with baker's twine, sparkles, etc.
Here are some close-ups of the embellishments on some of the letters. Pardon the editing, my camera didn't catch the blue well and I tried to get them closer to the real color :)
D-ring hangers to the back. They were easy to screw on. It was easier to do that than add a ribbon hanger to each letter.
I hope you enjoyed! I'm editing the next nursery photos now...